Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio considers it a great privilege to be a conduit of God’s blessing by funding important work in the community. The Foundation welcomes a wide variety of organizations to apply for funding, but each request must be connected to health in a way that is clinical, educational, spiritual, or scientific. The following list of requirements must be met by all organizations wishing to apply. Only organizations can apply for funding; individuals cannot apply.
General Requirements for any Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio Grant:
Organizations must be….
- Classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) or under the Internal Revenue Code 170 as an educational organization or governmental unit eligible to receive charitable contributions;
- In existence for more than one year following date of IRS ruling; and
- Operating in at least one of the eight Texas counties of the Foundation’s service area: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson;
Additionally, organizations must have….
- A dedicated checking account with ability to receive electronic direct deposits;
- Financial and program records kept and maintained; and
- An operating budget, approved annually by the organization’s board;
The Foundation does not fund….
- Automobiles and passenger vans;
- Multiple requests from an organization (or affiliate organization, as listed on the Form 990);
- Annual fund drives, galas, telethons or special events; or
- Requests exceeding 25 percent of an organization’s operating budget.
If there is any uncertainty regarding requirements or eligibility, please contact the Foundation before beginning the application process.