Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio considers it a great privilege to be a conduit of God’s blessing by funding important work in the community. The Foundation welcomes a wide variety of organizations to apply for funding, but each request must relate to health. The following list of requirements must be met by all organizations wishing to apply. Only organizations can apply for funding; individuals cannot apply.
General Requirements for Funding
General Requirements for any Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio Grant:
Organizations must be….
- Classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) or under the Internal Revenue Code 170 as an educational organization or governmental unit eligible to receive charitable contributions;
- In existence for more than one year following date of IRS ruling; and
- Operating in at least one of the eight Texas counties of the Foundation’s service area: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson;
Additionally, organizations must have….
- A dedicated checking account with ability to receive electronic direct deposits;
- Financial and program records kept and maintained; and
- An operating budget, approved annually by the organization’s board;
The Foundation does not fund….
- Automobiles and passenger vans;
- Annual fund drives, galas, telethons or special events; or
- Requests exceeding 25 percent of an organization’s operating budget.