To provide grants to nonprofit organizations committed to improving the quality of health and healthcare of the residents of the BHFSA service area. In particular, the Foundation will strive to support activities consistent with the Foundation’s mission, priorities and efforts that are based on sound strategies.
Priorities – The Foundation will give strong consideration to programs that:
- Address health issues of high incidence or among high-risk populations.
- Reduce gaps in service and improve access to healthcare.
- Eliminate disparities in health.
- Offer educational and preventive measures to avert the development of health issues.
- Provide services that address the needs of the medically vulnerable and consider the continuum of care.
Funding Strategies-The Foundation will give strong consideration to programs that:
- Are based on best-practices, with measurable and practical outcome evidence.
- Can be replicated, taken to scale, and sustainable.
- Collaborate and partner with faith-based organizations and health agencies.
- Share knowledge within the nonprofit community and among the greater community.
- Seek other funding sources, so that the Foundation is not the sole full funder.
Revision to Guidelines
The Baptist Health Foundation appreciates each non-profit in
our community and continually considers the best ways to support
important work taking place. The Foundation is currently reviewing
guidelines for applicants and eligibility criteria ahead of
the 2020 grant cycle. The revised guidelines will be published
here in the first quarter of 2020.
Responsive Grant applications are no longer being accepted for 2019.
The 2020 application process will begin in early April 2020.
Please check this website for complete details at that time.
Thank you for your interest in the Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio.