In keeping with its mission, the BHFSA will make grants of a small amount that will have a significant impact in meeting the community’s health needs, particularly in communities demonstrating a great need.
- To assist in increasing an organization’s capacity to provide health services.
- Support grassroots health activities.
- Encourage health ministry development and activity among churches in high need communities.
- Provide seed funding for activities that help leverage greater opportunities and serve a greater need with a small grant.
- Grants must be for use within at least one of the following Texas counties:
- Funding is provided in support of organizations and programs that address the community’s health need.
- Organizations must have at least one full year of operating history to be considered.
- An organization must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) (3) public charity to be considered for funding.
- The Foundation will only consider one application per organization per year. It is recommended that the organization submit a request for its highest funding priority.
- Services cannot be restricted to a specific group, congregation, or membership.
- Applicants must demonstrate to be serving a high need area.
- Priority will be given to organizations with smaller operations budget.
Although requests for various needs are welcomed, the following is intended to illustrate the types of requests that the Foundation is interested in considering:
- Material costs, such as medical equipment, health education material, medical supplies, computer hardware and software.
- Technical costs, such as technical training, staff development, continuing education, board development, strategic planning, evaluation, and training materials.
- Activities that are a result of a partnership between health providers and community organizations and churches.
For Community Impact Grants, the Foundation is NOT interested in considering requests for:
- Ongoing health and human service program costs.
- Operations costs.
- Vehicle purchases.
- Food commodities purchases.
- Salaries or benefits costs.
To be considered for a Community Impact Grant, please complete and submit an online application. No other formats will be accepted.